Work SMARTER, not harder.
Are job fairs a waste of time?
Job fairs are a win-win. Employers attend job fairs to recruit in a larger talent pool and increase brand awareness. Job seekers benefit from engaging with several potential employers in one location. They are an efficient use of time and resources for all.
Let’s talk about job fair etiquette…..
- Research the participating companies in attendance, target the specific opportunities attractive to you. You will impress any recruiter if you can show prior knowledge about their organization.
- Always dress appropriately, you only get one first impression.
- Arriving early shows interest and seriousness, no kicking tires here!
- Have an elevator pitch to showcase your skills and experience, make yourself an interesting candidate and fit for the opportunity.
- Pick up their business card.
Even if you don’t receive a job offer, you are honing your interview and networking skills, something you will benefit from for your entire career.
We hope to see you there.